Private Lesson Programs
Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced
- Guitar, Bass Guitar
- Voice: All Styles including Musical Theater.
- Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Concert Bass, Harp
- Woodwinds: Flute, Saxophone, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon
- Brass: Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone, Tuba
- 30 Minute Weekly Lessons: $119 per month
- 45 Minute Weekly Lessons: $174 per month
- 60 Minute Weekly Lessons: $229 per month
- Rock Shop Classes (Rock Band) $99 per month
- $35 One-Time Registration Fee Per Student (Addt'l Fam. Memb. $25)
- $10 Monthly Discount for Addt'l Family Members
- Tuition based on Four Lessons Per Month
Trial Classes Available! Try it once before signing up: $29.75 for a 30 minute session
Avalon School of Music - Lesson Policies (effective May. 1, 2015)
There is a $35 registration fee for each student at the time of registration. Additional family members pay $25 for registration. Students who suspend their lessons for greater than one year must re-register. Monthly Fees:
All of our programs are based on a month-to-month commitment. Payment for the full month of lessons is due on the first day of the month (this is when your auto-bill occurs). If a student begins lessons in the middle of the month, the remaining lessons in the current month are prorated. Lesson Program Rates:
$119 per month for 30-minute lessons, $174 per month for 45 minute lessons, and $229 per month for 60 minute lessons. This rate is based on four lessons per month. When there is a 5th week in the month, an additional lesson will be charged separately to your account on a prorated basis ($29.75 for 30 min; $43.50 for 45 min; $57.25 for 60 min), also on the 1st of the month. If there are fewer than four lessons in the month (when the School is closed), you may schedule a make-up class for that missed lesson. Family Discounts:
For additional family members the rates are as follows: $109 per month for 30-minute lessons, $159 per month for 45 minute lessons, and $209 per month for 60 minute lessons. This is based on four lessons per month. An additional lesson (when there is a 5th week) will be charged separately to your account on a prorated basis ($27.25 for 30 min; $39.75 for 45 min; $52.25 for 60 min) also on the 1st of the month. If there are fewer than four lessons in the month (when the School is closed), you may schedule a make-up class for that missed lesson. Voice Lessons:
All students over the age of 13 are required to take 45 or 60-minute lessons. This is due to the nature of warm-up times, etc. This is a requirement of our voice instructors. Lesson Supplies:
Each student is required to purchase and bring the following to each lesson:
1. An acceptable student, intermediate or professional instrument (Pianos/Keyboards/Drum Sets do not need to be brought to lessons. Toy instruments cannot be used). If you need to purchase or rent and instrument, please discuss this with us. We are very knowledgeable and can direct you to purchase a quality instrument for your student.
2. Music method book(s) – the exact type of book(s) the student will need will be determined by their instructor on the first lesson. These are available at all of our locations and can be billed to your payment method on file.
4. Tuner (excl. piano, drums and voice)
5. Spiral-bound notebook for writing lesson assignments and notes Missed Lessons and Make-Up Policy:
There are no official make-up lessons offered. There are no credits or refunds given for missed lessons. Courtesy make-up lessons are available upon request. In order to be eligible for a Courtesy Make-Up Lesson, the student or parent must call/e-mail the school at least 24 hours in advance. If you do not call in advance, you forfeit the lesson, no exceptions. Once a Courtesy Make-Up Lesson has been scheduled, it cannot be rescheduled. Lessons for a teacher absence will be covered either by a Substitute on the regular lesson day, or the teacher will make arrangements to do a make-up with each student.Payments forms:
All registered students are required to enroll in our secure auto-bill system. This is a safe, secure and convenient way to pay your ongoing tuition while enrolled at the school. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, Check Cards, and ACH (bank draft). We will automatically bill your card on the 1st day of every month. For multiple students and/or instruments, your account will be billed separately for each.Late Fee:
We have a late payment fee policy of $20. If payment is not received by the second lesson of the month it is considered late and the fee will automatically be applied, no exceptions. It is the students/parents responsibility to ensure we have a current credit/debit card or Bank Draft on file for auto-bill purposes. Cancellation/Suspension Policy:
We require a one month written notice by the 7th day of the current month to suspend your lesson billing. If no notice is given by the 7th day of the current month before lessons are being suspended, then the student/parent will be responsible for the next full month’s tuition, no exceptions.